Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh Criterion...I LOVE U!

Yes, I know it's a sad title, but that's how I really feel about them.

If you've been under a rock for the past, oh I don't know...9 MOTHAF**KIN' YEARS, and don't know them and their work by now, I wanna say this. WHAT THE F**K HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR GAMING LIFE?!?!?!

If you don't know who they are, YOU DESERVE TO GET CHOKED!!!
Excuse me if I seem a bit brash, but if you don't know their gaming series, then you CERTAINLY don't know some fun racing games. Criterion Games is best known for their racing series called Burnout (also seen on Kyree's list of Top 5 Moves). They have been making this fantastic franchise for nearly a decade now, and have had countless countless iterations that spawned on the Xbox, Gamecube, and even made it to the Nintendo DS (though that wasn't their best one). The one Burnout game that, to me, stands out above the rest was Burnout 3: Takedown.


I'm not going into detail about this AWESOME game, but here's a little something for why you should know this game and Criterion:


Now if you didn't think that wasn't cool, something is COMPLETELY WRONG with you!

BUT, there is one series that I will agree with on terms of good quality. Not as exciting and flashy as Burnout, but something more streamlined. If you know a little game called Need For Speed, then I can't be entirely mad at you, because that is a racing game that I like. Isn't the greatest racing series out there (because Burnout is SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!), but I enjoy it nonetheless.

But some of you may be asking, "But Mark, why are you comparing these two games? They aren't alike in any kind of way!" in a nasaly voice and pushing up your glasses. Well, rather than answer said question in a statement, let me SHOW you why I did this:



And THIS is why I brought both of them up. The same racing game people know and love is now merging with the same folks who made Burnout. If you didn't think that video earlier didn't make you into a fan, THIS will:



Seriously. No words can describe the pure AWESOMENESS of this game. THIS is why I love Criterion's work. Though it may SEEM like the traditional Need For Speed games (and granted it still is), there is a lot of aspects from their own series that make this game shine not only as a new NFS game, but also as a new Burnout title. I LOVE U Criterion, and don't EVER stop doing what you're doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment